Founded in 1912, the Greater Chattanooga Association of REALTORS® is a regional organization with more than 1,400 members servicing Hamilton and Sequatchie counties in southeast Tennessee and Catoosa, Dade and Walker counties in northwest Georgia. The Association is one of more than 1,400 local boards and associations of REALTORS® nationwide that comprise the National Association of REALTORS®.
Local Association membership is comprised of REALTORS® servicing the Greater Chattanooga area and specializing in a variety of disciplines – appraisal, commercial, industrial, land, multi-family, property management and residential. Working alongside REALTORS® are our Affiliate members, who represents related industries in sympathy with the objectives of the Association. Our Affiliate members include mortgage lenders, home inspectors, title and closing services, pest inspection and control and insurance.
The voice for real estate in Greater Chattanooga.
Promote the highest ethical and professional standards and cooperation among its members;
Provide products, programs and services to meet the evolving needs of the real estate industry and consumers; and
Advocate for private property rights and community involvement.
These values are the basis for the GCAR’s programs and services and in the manner in which they are provided:
Professionalism: We value the highest standards of professional service and ethical conduct.
Respect: We value a culture that encourages healthy and respectful debate to address common issues and challenges.
Advocacy: We value advocacy efforts that promote and protect property rights.
Service: We value reasonable responsiveness to address the needs of our members and the public they serve.
Community Engagement: We value partnerships that enhance the quality of life in Greater Chattanooga.
- Unite those engaged in the recognized branches of the real estate profession for the purpose of exerting a beneficial influence upon the profession and related interests.
- Promote and maintain high standards of conduct in the real estate profession as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Provide a unified medium for real estate owners and those engaged in the real estate profession whereby their interests may be safeguarded and advanced.
- Further the interests of home and other real property ownership.
- Unite those engaged in the real estate profession in this community with the Tennessee Association of REALTORS®, the Georgia Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®, thereby furthering their own objectives throughout the state and nation and obtaining the benefits and privileges of membership therein.