To provide tools and a knowledge-based foundation to motivate and empower REALTORS®, who desire to serve in a local leadership position. A statement of support from the applicant's managing broker must accompany the application, both of which are due no later than 5 pm on November 8.
In reviewing applications and making their recommendation to the Board of Directors, the Professional Development Committee weighs and considers the following criteria:
- Broker Recommendation Letter
- Minimum two (2) years as a REALTOR® member in good standing
- Interest in serving in a volunteer leadership role
- Availability of time to participate fully in the program
- Potential for leadership demonstrated through involvement in community groups and the REALTOR® association
How many members will be selected to participate?
To allow meaningful networking and learning, consideration is given to the overall make-up of the class to ensure a worthy and diverse group of participants. To maximize the experience for all participants, the class size will be limited to no more than fifteen (15) participants. When multiple applicants are affiliated with the same office, we will defer to the Managing Broker for input.
Tuition & Time Commitment
Those members selected to participate in the class will be required to pay a $175 tuition fee to offset the costs of classes, speakers, materials, and activities.
Participants are expected to attend a Kick-Off Reception, complete prerequisites, attend 7 sessions (3-4 hours each), and complete 2 electives. The 2020 curriculum and sessions dates are in the process of being finalized, and here's a sneak peek at the 2020 curriculum:
- Kick-Off Reception (Mid- to Late-January 2020)
7 Sessions (February through August 2020):
- The Leader in You (Prerequisite: Complete DISC profile assessment provided by the facilitator)
- TN REALTORS® Day on the Hill (Nashville, TN, February 2020)
- The REALTOR® Party
- Getting to Know the Association (Prerequisite: Read Six Thinking Hats and The Perfect Board - copies to be provided)
- Leadership 200: Becoming a Leader (Prerequisite: NAR’s Leadership 100, a free, online course)
- Leadership 300: Enhancing Leadership Skills
- Greater Chattanooga REALTORS® in the Community
Electives (Participate in 2):
- Governmental Affairs Committee meeting (monthly)
- Chattanooga Chamber Annual meeting (August)
- Chattanooga City Council meeting (weekly)
- Hamilton County Commission meeting (weekly)
- Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Commission meeting (monthly)
- Hamilton County Board of Education meeting (monthly)
- Q&A with TREC Commissioners (offered at the Tennessee REALTORS® Spring Conference, February 2020)
- Tennessee REALTORS® Board of Directors meeting (offered at the Tennessee REALTORS® Spring Conference, February 2020)
- CNE Luncheon
- Volunteer at RPAC event, Snack Packs (packing, set-up or Trivia Night), Habitat (build, neighborhood revitalization, Tee Up & Wine Down for Habitat) or other Greater Chattanooga REALTOR® events, as approved by the Professional Development Committee