Wed, Jun 24, 2020 9:00am – 12:00pm
How to Protect Your Business from Cyber Security Threats, Scams & the Law
The June 24th course offering will be held via Zoom. Please register below, which will trigger the Zoom link to be emailed 48 hours prior to class.
As part of your professional duties as a REALTOR® you are charged with collecting and storing vital information from your customers/consumers. You also are encouraged to use many technology tools and online resources that open you and your clients up to the risk of viruses, malware, social engineering, identity theft and more. Plus there are many laws, policies and general etiquette items that have to be addressed. This session is intended to help today’s REALTOR® steer themselves and their clients’ through the perilous legal, online and social media world, plus personal and computer safety tips.
• Understand what Viruses & Malware are and how they can infect your computer devices
• Identify techniques to encrypt your data and avoid getting viruses & malware.
• Understand the state & federal laws as well as NAR policies that impact them and develop an action plan to ensure they are doing them properly in their business practices.
• Understand the terms & dangers of copyright infringement, safe harbor and identify copyright safe sources.
• Understand the impact & importance of using proper online etiquette and how to handle conflict online.
• Identify the proper tools and techniques to keep you and your computer devices safe.
Please click here to print and/or download course material.
3 Hours TN & GA
Members: FREE / Non-Members: $30.00Register Back to Calendar