File a Complaint
If you've not already reached out to the agent's managing broker, we encourage you to do so. We find that step often clears up miscommunications. If that communication does not provide a successful resolution, you may need to file a formal ethics complaint, arbitration request, or MLS complaint. We provide a fair process for consumers and REALTORS® . As a result of these proceedings, we continue to raise the bar of professionalism within the REALTOR® community.
CODE OF ETHICS
Ethics Complaints must be filed within within one hundred eighty (180) days after the facts constituting the matter complained of could have been known in the exercise of reasonable diligence or within one hundred eighty (180) days after the conclusion of the transaction, whichever is later.
- Before You File a Complaint
- Ethics Complaint Form
- REALTOR® Code of Ethics (English)
- Translations of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics: Should you need asssistance in a language other than English, please visit our Find a Member page, where you can search for a Member by languages spoken.
Arbitration Requests are for financial disputes among REALTOR® firms arising out of a written offers of compensation. Arbitration Requests must be filed within one hundred eighty (180) days after the closing of the transaction, if any, or within one hundred eighty (180) days after the facts constituting the arbitrable matter could have been known in the exercise of reasonable diligence, whichever is later.
- Arbitration Request Form MEMBERS (for disputes among member firms and/or MLS Participants)
- Arbitration Request Form NON-MEMBERS (for disputes initiated by a Non-Member/Non-MLS Participant against a Member/MLS Participant)
Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
While many alleged violations of the MLS Rules are handled administratively by our Staff, alleged violations of certain Sections* are processed through our formal complaint process. Download the MLS Rules Complaint Form.
*Section 1.2.6 (Coming Soon), Section 4.4 & Section 7.5 (Loaning/Sharing MLS Login), Section 6.2 (MLS as Communication Vehicle for Non-Users), Section 19 (Loaning/Sharing Key, Accessing a Keybox without Permission)