Mon, Nov 9, 2020 9:00am – 4:00pm
Commercial Purchase & Sale Agreements Revealed (Tennessee)
Your own location/device via Zoom! (see description below for registration information)
The remaining 2020 course offering will be held via Zoom. Please register below, which will trigger the Zoom link to be emailed 24 hours prior to class. See below for TREC virtual/streaming CE rules.
Please click here to print and/or download course material.
The overall purpose of this class is to take away the mystery of preparing Commercial Purchase and Sale Agreements. First, we will review just what a contract is and how it needs to be prepared to be legal and enforceable. Then, we will review Letters of Intent and how and why to use them, we will go over – line by line – the provisions of a Commercial Purchase and Sale Agreement and we will talk about when you should use Exhibits along with your Commercial Contracts. As part of these topics we will discuss in some detail due diligence that should be completed during the feasibility period of a commercial contract.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define a contract
- List three elements necessary for a contract to be enforceable
- Identify terms to be fulfilled for a valid contract
- Explain when a confidentiality agreement should be used
- Demonstrate the reasons for using a Letter of Intent
- Compose a Letter of Intent
- Name the common clauses in a Commercial Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Describe the intent behind the common clauses in a Commercial Purchase and Sale Agreement
- Employ the use of Commercial Purchase and Sale Exhibits in a commercial sale transaction
- Develop items to be included during a due diligence period and determine length of time for due diligence
- Apply use of clauses in a Commercial Purchase and Sale Agreement in the appropriate way
TREC RULES for earning CE hours via electronic streaming services:
• Login/check-in for class begins 20 minutes before the stated class start time and ends once the class begins. Students must be logged in and their identification verified by the proctor BEFORE the stated class start time.
• Students must be visible on camera AT ALL TIMES to receive CE credit.
• Students may not take phone calls during class to receive CE credit. Instructors will provide time for breaks and lunch (if applicable). During designated break/lunch time, attendees may take care of personal calls, emails, etc. NOTE: Attendees should NOT log out at any time during the class.
• Students may not participate in computer-based work while attending class to receive CE credit.
• Students may not “Step away” from the camera for any reason to receive CE credit. If an emergency arises, please use the “chat” feature to privately notify the proctor of your situation.
• Students are also responsible for the performance of their own technology including audio volume, video clarity and reliable internet connection.
• Video, audio and internet access are all needed to access are all needed to successfully “attend” class.
• Providers must maintain a recording of electronically streamed course.
• Your camera must remain stable and UNMOVED during the course broadcast. Excessive camera movement is distracting and may result in a student’s removal from the class at the instructor’s discretion.
• No sharing a room with other students unless permission has been granted in writing from the provider.
6 Hours TN & GA
Members: FREE / Non-Members: $60.00Register Back to Calendar