Wed, Oct 21, 2020 9:00am – 12:00pm
Tighten it UP! Data Security, Privacy & Safety for Agents
Your own location/device via Zoom! (see description below for registration information)
The remaining 2020 course offering will be held via Zoom. Please register below, which will trigger the Zoom link to be emailed 24 hours prior to class. See below for TREC virtual/streaming CE rules.
Computers, mobile phones, and social media websites are the most popular communication tools used by real estate agents and their clients. However, if used without the proper safeguards in place, they can put an agent and the consumers they serve in a vulnerable position. This class will benefit the consumer because it will teach agents how to secure their client’s personal information and overall privacy and safety. Students will learn about the danger that is lurking when they use social media to announce an open house or when they take a photo of their clients in front of the new house and upload it to a social media website. This could impact the consumers as well as the agent. In short, this class will raise the overall awareness of the threats to privacy in the digital age in which we live when using the Internet, computers, smartphones, and free wifi networks to conduct real estate business.
Please click here to print and/or download course material.
TREC Rules for earning CE hours via electronic streaming services:
- Login/check-in for class begins 20 minutes before the stated class start time and ends once the class begins. Students must be logged in and their identification verified (please have your license or a picture ID ready when you login) by the proctor BEFORE the stated class start time.
- Students must be visible on camera AT ALL TIMES to receive CE credit.
- Students may not take phone calls during class to receive CE credit. Instructors will provide time for breaks and lunch (if applicable). During designated break/lunch time, attendees may take care of personal calls, emails, etc. NOTE: Attendees should NOT log out at any time during the class.
- Students may not participate in computer-based work while attending class to receive CE credit.
- Students may not “Step away” from the camera for any reason to receive CE credit. If an emergency arises, please use the “chat” feature to privately notify the proctor Jessica Snyder, of your situation.
- Students are also responsible for the performance of their own technology including audio volume, video clarity and reliable internet connection.
- Video, audio and internet access are all needed to access are all needed to successfully “attend” class.
- Providers must maintain a recording of electronically streamed course.
- Your camera must remain stable and UNMOVED during the course broadcast. Excessive camera movement is distracting and may result in a student’s removal from the class at the instructor’s discretion.
- No sharing a room with other students unless permission has been granted in writing from the provider.
3 Hours TN & GA
Members: $30.00 / Non-Members: $45.00Register Back to Calendar