The Regional Planning Agency (RPA) received funding from the City of Chattanooga for a consultant-led process to assess the Chattanooga Zoning Ordinance and provide recommendations for updates/improvements.
The purpose of the zoning ordinance assessment is to:
- Identify needed improvements to the current regulations;
- Align the zoning districts with land use policy Place Types; and
- Help the City of Chattanooga and RPA staff set the stage for future ordinance updates.
Overall goals include:
- Remove outdated language, update definitions, and accommodate emerging uses.
- Simplify the zoning ordinance with graphic-friendly diagrams, tables, and charts.
- Reduce the need for zoning ordinance amendments, variances, and conditions.
The end result will be a technical report with recommendations.
Next week, President Brandi Pearl Thompson and Governmental Affairs Director Christy Auld will participate in a focus group, along with several other groups/individuals in the community. Please provide comments, experiences, process, changes needed, etc. that you think would be helpful to the consultant regarding zoning in Chattanooga to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. Monday, November 16, 2020. Your comments will be compiled and shared by Brandi and Christy at next week’s meeting.
Please contact email@example.com (423.702.7428) with any questions you may have regarding this opportunity. Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide.