As we continue to improve the MLS to make it work for our members and the marketplace, we wanted to highlight recent and upcoming changes to Flexmls, including:
• 55+ Community Yes/No Field
• Back On Market/Fall Through Date Field
• Data Share w/Knoxville’s Flexmls
• Coming Soon Timeframe Expanded from 14 to 30 days
• Amendments to Pre-Marketing Addendum for Coming Soon Listings
• Zoning Overlay Maps for Schools & Subdivisions
See below for details on each change.
55+ Community Yes/No Field Goes Live TODAY (June 10)
• With the 55+ Community being the most common and the need for MLS users to search for that type of property, we’re adding a 55+ Community Yes/No field.
• This field is required for all new listings.
• Listings entered before today (June 10) will not be affected until you edit the listing, at which time the new Y/N field will be required.
The Fair Housing Act exempts these three types of “housing for older persons”:
• Specifically designed and operated to assist elderly persons (as defined in the state or federal program);
• Intended for, and solely occupied by persons 62 years of age or older; or
• Intended and operated for occupancy by persons 55 years of age or older.
Click here to learn more about HUD’s 55+ exemption.
Back On Market/Fall Through Date Field: This field is required when putting a listing Back On Market. Enter either the:
• Date you’re changing a listing from Temp Off Market to Active OR
• Date the Pending (or Contingent ) contact fell through.
Data Share w/Knoxville’s Flexmls: Greater Chattanooga REALTORS®’s has partnered with the Knoxville Area Association of REALTORS® to data share through Flexmls. This partnership
• Allows our MLS Participants and Subscribers to view listings in Knoxville’s Flexmls without the cost of subscribing to the Knoxville MLS; and
• Better serve clients interested in the Knoxville market.
• Provides ONLY the ability to view MLS data and listings and
• Does NOT include the offer of cooperative compensation.
Unless you subscribe to both MLSs (Chattanooga and Knoxville), you will negotiate cooperative compensation as you would when selling property not listed in the MLS to which you subscribe.
All MLS users are reminded that the respective MLS Rules & Policies continue to apply for each MLS to which you choose to subscribe.
As soon as we finalize the data share set-up, we will send out information on how to view the Knoxville MLS data and listings from your Flexmls account.
Coming Soon Timeframe Expanded from 14 to 30 days to:
• Provide Participants and Subscribers the ability to secure a listing and enter it into the MLS within the required timeframe (24 hours, excluding weekends and holidays, of the effective date of the listing agreement.
• Provide sellers more time to prepare a property before the showing start date.
Pre-Marketing Addendum for Coming Soon listings has been amended to:
• Reflect the 30-day timeframe for which a listing can be in Coming Soon status.
• Add a checkbox to aid Sellers in determining whether they wish to provide written instructions to the listing agent to hold offers until a specified date, which should be communicated to all potential cooperating agents via the MLS (i.e., Agent Notes or input field, once available).
Zoning Overlay Maps for Schools & Subdivisions: Likely, you’ve noticed these latest additions to the map overlay options in Flexmls. If not, see below for where to find them.