Mon, Apr 11, 2022 9:00am – 12:00pm
Let Me Tell You About the Man Cave…The Fair Housing Act for the Modern Real Estate Agent
Greater Chattanooga REALTORS® (2963 Amnicola Highway)
Let Me Tell You About the Man Cave...The Fair Housing Act for the Modern Real Estate Agent class will be held IN PERSON at Greater Chattanooga REALTORS® (2963 Amnicola Highway).
The Fair Housing Act might not have changed in the last decade, but real estate agents and consumers have. This course looks at recent technological developments in the real estate industry and their interplay with the Fair Housing Act as well as recent cases involving real estate professionals.
At the completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- Distinguish between the protections provided by the Fair Housing Act, The Civil Rights act of 1866, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Identify what constitutes a basis for complaint.
- Describe what discriminatory acts and behavior are “issues” within the Fair Housing Act upon which a complaint could be based.
- Define ‘dwelling’ as the term is used in the Fair Housing Act.
- Explain how differing terms in a contract can have a discriminatory impact.
- Identify situations where ‘target marketing’ could state a preference for a tenant and be a violation of the Fair Housing Act.
- Identify what behaviors should be implemented in their practice to avoid any potential fair housing act violation.
CLICK HERE to print and/or download course material.
Trista Curzydlo, JD
3 Hours TN & GA
Members: FREE / Non-Members: $30.00Register Back to Calendar